MEET CADRE:Hey! If you’re reading this, you’ve made your way to Cadre and we couldn’t be more delighted that you’re here. Cadre is a purpose-driven marketplace redefining what it means to dress and live sustainably. The longevity of our planet is, naturally, a matter much greater than us - so where does one even begin? While we don’t have all the answers, we can certainly help you get started and in a cute outfit too…
WHAT’S IN A NAME:Our name, Cadre, means “people in a revolutionary group or social movement” and it is a reflection of how we view our community. By being here, you are all contributing to the revolution and helping to realize a vision for a more planet-friendly fashion industry.
GOAL:For years, eco-brands have taken a back seat to traditional fashion, often immediately dubbed less refined and too “earthy.” At Cadre, we aim to break that stigma and provide discerning consumers with the best in sustainable fashion and beyond. Looking good is feeling good and should never require a trade-off of values and ethics. We promise you won’t be making any compromises here.
MISSION:Through our expert curation of trusted brands, we are showcasing the best in fashion while also serving as a resource to enhance your knowledge of eco-loving brands. We want to equip our customers with insight into this space so that they are empowered, informed consumers who can integrate this knowledge into their consumer behavior on a day-to-day basis.
FASHION FOR THE FUTURE:The most sustainable thing you can wear is nothing at all…but when you’re not donning your birthday suit, it’s important to be informed. If you’re still not sure why we’re doing what we’re doing, just take a look at the facts.
- The production of polyester, used for much of fast fashion, as well as athleisure wear, has increased nine-fold in the last 50 years (American Chemical Society)
- Cotton requires the most water out of any other crop and needs a staggering 7,000-29,000 liters of water to produce just one kilogram of raw cotton (World Wildlife Fund)
- About 8,000 synthetic chemicals are used to turn raw materials into textiles and around 20% of industrial water pollution globally comes from the treatment and dyeing of textiles (Good on You)
While innovation in the sustainable fashion space is ongoing and there is much work to be done, the proof is in the pudding. From the way we create, to the way we produce, and purchase, we need change. Sustainable fashion brands create in a way that is most considerate of humanity and the environment. They reduce impact wherever possible, all with the ultimate goal of achieving a production system that works without leaving a negative footprint on the planet. We’re a work in progress but a step in a direction that is sustainable for the planet and the people.
Some things you should know about us…
- We vet every brand for sustainable practices, transparency, and style
- Our brands use either recycled/upcycled materials or biodegradable materials and low-impact dyes, and/or recycled water
- Our brands consciously work towards removing waste from the planet to ensure that no new waste is left behind
- Our brands use Fair Labor Practices - pay living wages and provide safe working conditions
Thank you for being a part of this journey!